Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jackson's 3rd birthday party

Jackson's new favorite tractor book from Aunt Leola.

I wonder whose idea it was to get him a toy backhoe for his birthday. No electricity with it. It is a pedal backhoe, but he loves digging things with it.

Now this is where I pat myself on the back and think of how creative I am. Didn't have time to bake a cake or anything, and the ones at the bakery were not very cute. So I grabbed the best thing I could, crushed up Oreos and made dirt out of them and bought a toy bulldozer from the toy/candy aisle and slapped it on the cake. The funny part is that after I congratulate myself on being Mother of the Year, I left the cake on the counter. When I came back to put candles in, I noticed that someone had driven the bulldozer over the cake and had left track marks in the frosting. Jackson just couldn't help himself!

We had family over to celebrate Jackson's 3rd birthday. Finally he is able to understand what is going on and he gets excited about opening presents.

No comments: